Today, the Research in Motion ( RIM ) we’re telling you that that phone has just been officially announced in the Philippines under the name of BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300.
The BlackBerry Curve 3G looks almost identical to the Curve model it succeeded, the BlackBerry Curve 8520.
The two share the same dimensions, keypad design and even screen size. Design-wise, the only difference of the two is that the The Curve 9300 3G now supports faster 3G connectivity and will be available via local carriers this November.
Here are the specifications of BlackBerry Curve 3G:
- BlackBerry 6 Operating System
- 2.64 inches TFT screen, 65K colors, 320 x 240 pixels
- QWERTY keypad
- Touch-sensitive optical trackpad
- 2 MP Camera, 1600×1200 pixels
- microSD (TransFlash), up to 32GB
- 256 MB memory
- 3G HSDPA and HSCSD
- GPRS: Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 – 48 kbps
- EDGE Class 10, 236.8 kbps
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
- Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DP
As for the pricing, BlackBerry Curve 8520 entered the Philippine market in Q4 2009 with a price tag of around Php 17,000. Heard Globe is getting first dibs. The Curve 3G should go between Php15,000 to Php20,000.